Susan Paurowski, DPT
Doctor of Physical Therapy, May 2015, Sage Graduate Schools, Troy, NY
Post Bachelor's Premedical Certificate, 2012, Sage After Work, Troy, NY
Bachelor of Science, Health Care Management, 2010, Excelsior College, Albany, NY
Associate of Science, Physical Therapist Assistant, 2001, Bay State College, Boston, Massachusetts
December 2014 - February 2015 - Student Physical Therapist, Sunnyview Outpatient Clinic, Guilderland, New York
- Performed initial evaluations and developed comprehensive treatment plans, for adults with varied medical conditions, including total joint replacements, spinal surgeries, osteoporosis, balance disorders and sport related injuries.
- Applied a variety of soft tissue and joint mobilizations, neuromuscular re-education and muscle energy techniques.
- Observed a total knee and total hip replacement with an orthopedic doctor a prosthetic representative, who provided education on how prosthesis may affect physical therapy rehabilitation.
June 2014 - August 2015 - Student Physical Therapist, St. Peter's Hospital, Albany, NY
- Conducted initial evaluations and developed treatment plans in an inpatient setting, for patients with orthopedic surgeries, neurological, cardiopulmonary and caner pathologies.
- Collaborated with medical doctors, physician assistants, case managers and the nursing team to help determine patient discharge plans along with appropriate home referrals.
- Provided an in-service to the physical therapy department, on a controversial case report, of a patient with multi-level compression fractures status post operative a lumbar decompression and subsequent fusion.
July 2013 - August 2013 - Student Physical Therapist, Carpenter Physical Therapy, Warrensburg, NY
- Evaluated and treated adults and the geriatric population with total joint replacements, shoulder injuries with subsequent surgery, balance disorders, vestibular impairments, and sport specific injuries in an outpatient setting.
- Performed balance assessments on the geriatric populations to assess fall risks. Outcome measures included the Timed Up and Go, Berg Balance test, the Functional Reach test, and the Sit to Stand test. Educated the patients on their results and implemented balance exercises to reduce risk of falls.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
June 2015 - Present - Physical Therapist, Repsher Physical Therapy, Albany, NY
- Evaluate and develop a comprehensive plan of care for patients with orthopedic, neurological and sport related injuries to help maximize outcomes and to help assist in the return to prior level of function.
June 2011 - Present - Physical Therapist Assistant, Samaritan Hospital Inpatient, Troy, NY
- Assisted and provided physical therapy treatments to adults on the orthopedic, medical/surgical, intensive care, cancer and progressive care units in a safe and efficient manner.
June 2011 - Present - Physical Therapist Assistant, St. Peter's Hospital Our Lady of Mercy, Guilderland, NY
- Provided physical therapy treatments for patients with neurological, orthopedic and cardiopulmonary pathologies.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary team comprised of physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, nursing staff and the medical doctors.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary team to establish a safe and appropriate discharge plan.
April 2003 - December 2010 - Physical Therapist Assistant, Albany Multi Medicine Group, Albany, NY
- Performed physical therapy to patients with sport injuries, work related injuries, and postural related soft tissue symptoms in fast paced outpatient setting.
- Developed strong time management skilled and proficient documentation to help maximize communication between providers involved with patient care.
May 2001 - April 2003 - Physical Therapist Assistant, Advance Physical Therapy and Sport Rehabilitation, Lynn, Massachusetts
- Developed a strong craft for rehabilitating post surgical surgical athletic injuries including anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, meniscal injuries, and total joint replacements.
2012 - 2015 - Doctor of Physical Therapy Class Representative, Sage Graduate School, Troy, NY
2014 - 2015 - Parent Class Representative, Capital Region elementary school, NY
- Collaborated with Sage professor to arrange for guest speaker, Dr. Joseph Marotta, who provided a presentation on Medicus Christi, in efforts raise awareness for physical therapy volunteers in West Africa.
- Attended a 2 day APTA oncology course in Hartford Connecticut titled " Exercise training guidelines with cancer: endurance, strength, flexibility and awareness.
- Performed a retrospective case study on a patient who underwent an internal hemipelvectomy secondary to a de-differentiated chondrosarcoma. The purpose of the case study was to describe the physical therapy management following limb salvage surgery, with a saddle prosthesis, in an outpatient setting. Research partner; Kelly Danielson, DPT. Research advisors: JHB and DV.
- Professional New York State physical therapy temporary license number: P97071
- Professional New York State physical therapist assistant licensure number: 005896
- National Board of Examination License, physical therapist assistant, Massachusetts state 2001.
- American Physical Therapy Association, student member, Oncology and Orthopedic section member, 2012-current.